SWFYC Officers 2016-17
Acting Commodore: Doug MacEwen
- Provide direction for the club by effective leadership and management.
- Helps with applications for grants/sponsorship or other forms of financial assistance from organisations such as Sport England, Local Authorities or commercial companies.
- Liaises with the RYA and British Rowing.
- Act as the ambassador and/or spokesperson for the organisation.
Vice Commodore: Louise Wood
- Assists commodore and acts in place of commodore when required.
- Assists with the general running forward planning and development of the club.
Honorary Treasurer: Erskine Peters
- Responsible for the management of the club finances in accordance with the decisions of the committee.
- Financial planning including producing an annual budget and monitoring it throughout the year.
- Applies for grants/sponsorship or other forms of financial assistance from organisations such as Sport England, Local Authorities or commercial companies
- Pay bills on behalf of club and records financial information.
- Report back to the committee and AGM on the financial position of the club.
Honorary Secretary: Louise Wood
- Assists the Commodore and Vice Commodore
- Responsible for all Club administration
- Compiles minutes for Committee
Honorary Membership Secretary: Steve Rosie
- Manages the Club membership,
- Issue membership cards,
- Issues keys,
- Checks insurance,
- Displays new members forms,
- Provides regular analysis on SWFYC membership types
Honorary Safety Officer: Steve Wood
- Liaises with the Crouch Harbour Authority in respect of safety on the Crouch
- Prepares and advises on risk assessments and safety briefings
- Prepares the clubs’ safety policy
Dinghy Captain: Ray Hockley
- Arranges all Club dinghy events, with rescue boat cover,
- Maintains 4 racing marks,
- Engraves winners trophies
- Acts as Rescue Boat Focal refuels the SWFYC rescue boat and trailer to a constant state of readiness,
- Lawnmower focal point – Maintains and refuels the SWFYC mowers.
Kayak captain: Steve Williams
- Develops a small sub committee to help arrange and implement the Club canoe /kayak events
- Issues canoe/kayak storage spaces and issues a numbered sticker for each canoe,
- Maintains and retains a list of those using the rack
- Develops a recruitment strategy for kayak members
Rowing Captain: Steve Rosie
Cruiser Captain: vacant
- Arranges all Club sailing cruiser and motor boat events
- Together with support from a small team of members, introduce a variety of fixtures from the more challenging to popular day sails suitable for both novice and the more experienced.
- Encourage cruiser members participation in organised events.
Club Bosun: Matt Moreton
- Manages the boatyard and maintains the equipment.
- Upgrades the Dinghy and Tender parks and updates the dinghy, kayak and boat storage records.
Safeguarding Officer: Sandy Munson
- Prepares the club safeguarding policy in line with recommendations of British Rowing and the RYA
Marketing and Public Relations: Jackie Rosie
- Develops a strategy for marketing the Club and communicating with the community, to support recruitment of new members.
- Promotes the image of Club to make it stand out with the general public, Town and City councils and RYA.
- Help with publicity to the public about good news stories via : all media TV, radio, newspapers, local magazines
- Increase goodwill with our members and the local community
- Promotes the sale of Club regalia ( burgees,fleeces, sweatshirts) to members.
Webmaster & Club Support Officer: Grant Hulley
- Administers, promotes and develops the SWFYC website.
- Develops Club membership benefits
- Enforces Child Support Policies
- Club Members Support
CHA and Moorings: Doug MacEwen & Danny Slieker
- SWFYC is a licenced mooring agent for the Crouch Harbour Authority (CHA).
- Manages and allocates the Club 45 moorings
- Sells boat plaques to SWFYC members, (boats have to display a annual boat plaque to use the Crouch apart from canoes and boat tenders)
- Liaises with Harbourmaster on CHA matters such as moorings, plaques and notice to mariners
- Manages use of the Club “visitors” mooring